Saturday 7 November 2015

My birthday meal

I have wanted to go to Jamie's Italian for a very long time but always put it off because it will cost too much etc etc.

Well this year I decided to go for it. I was going to have that as a treat. So I booked a table for me and the 2 children on my birthday. We got there and straight away I was impressed with the staff, polite and welcoming. They spoke to the children and actually stood still to listen to what they were saying. I know when you are buys in a restaurant you are doing so many things at once that this isn't easy, but they did. Once we had finally chosen Dylan and I ordered starters, there wasn't a starter on the children's menu, I was going to see if Stephanie would eat one of the adult ones but she was unsure- the waitress said it's no problem we can bring some breadsticks out for her so that you all eat together.  It really was tricky to choose our food and it took us a long time. Again, staff were fab answering the children's questions about the different sauces etc. on the foods.




Our main courses, we all had a little taste of each others. If was all really tasty,

Playing between courses. We played lots of games which we haven't played in a long time eg the alphabet shopping game, we had so much fun and laughed a lot.



Desserts- we all chose the same.

The whole meal was absolutely delicious. All the staff we saw were very friendly, we had a great time. And the bonus was it wasn't as expensive as I had expected. For a three course meal for 3 of us it was £52.00. Which is a lot when you look at our usual weekly shop, but for a posh restaurant not as much as I thought it would be. I would go back again, but not for a while- our belts are firmly tightened after a blow-out birthday! LOL





3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, glad you all had a great time,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like it was delicious. We have one restaurant around the corner from us that has the best deserts. They have a cherry pie and a brownie with ice cream that I just gorge myself on. But we only go about once a year because eating out just is not feasible anymore. I always feel too guilt ridden.

    Gregory @ Harbor Grill

    ReplyDelete