Friday 21 August 2015

Thank you Mr Tesco

As usual I have saved my clubcard points all year. I traded most of them in for 3 tickets to Chessington. We like theme park rides, and Stephanie is just starting to enjoy small coasters. So we were very excited.
When we got to the park there was a notice board saying that four of the rides were closed, to be fair they were some of the bigger coasters so we wouldn't have gone on anyway. Dylan didn't want to go alone and Stephanie is not yet big enough for them so we weren't overly disappointed. However, when we got to the gate a staff member politely asked if we knew they were closed and gave us a voucher which entitles us to another day at the park for free. We just have to use the tickets before November 2nd. I have to say I am very impressed, after the awful accident at a different theme park a while ago I am aware this is likely to be in part to raise the profile of the group again.

We had a fabulous day. We started with the ride Stephanie dragged us to- The vampire. She has nerve wanted to go on this before, but she was very excited and desperate to try. I should have trusted my instincts- she hated it! The longest 3 minutes sat next to her screaming in terror! From there we headed to the Bubbleworks- much calmer.

 
These pictures are the part where you go around and look at scenery such as ducks taking a bath etc. Their faces make me laugh.

I put my phone away for the more interesting part of the ride- the water fountains. We always have a bit of a play in that part and I knew we would all come out wet. So no pictures to show. The ride did the job- my princess was smiling again. We headed off for lunch and then onto some calmer rides.
We were a little disappointed as we were unable to go on the one ride we were all looking forward to Dragon Falls. Its a water slide ride. Sadly, it was broken by the time we reached it and the park staff were busy fixing it but not finished in time for us to have a go. Nevermind, we will enjoy it on our return visit.

 


As well as enjoying the rides we also went in the sea life centre. There is also the zoo animals at the park but the children didn't want to visit those this time.

We had a great day and staff were polite wherever we encountered them. We will be returning at some point before the 2nd November. Probably in the next half term.




No comments:

Post a Comment