Friday 24 July 2015

Day 1 of the holidays

Today has been an almost home day. we are off visiting family tomorrow so we decided to take it easy. Especially as Stephanie is still not over her chest infection. I did pop to town as we needed a few bits and pieces, then to the library to return books. We also stopped at a lady up the road who is giving away Pigeon breasts as her hubby got carried away shooting! LOL

There were 400g worth of breasts which she gave me, we haven't had pigeon before so I decided to make an almost familiar meal;

Pigeon has a stronger taste than expected, but I enjoyed it. Dylan devoured most of this himself so I am guessing it wa a hit for him. Stephanie was not so keen but she is not much of a meat eater even when she isn't poorly so I didn't expect her to eat much of it. 

I have finally finished the quilt for my niece just in the nick of time as I get to deliver it this weekend!
I hope she likes it.


No comments:

Post a Comment