Sunday 1 March 2015

Preperations

This weekend has been a fairly nice weekend weather wise. A little breezy but dry, today was sunny too. I started the day being ill with a bug. I felt better through the day, but then I ate at tea time and I'm feeling rough again!

Ii was so excited to be able to do this when I got the first load of washing cleaned;

I got three loads of washing dried outside today. Look at the sunlight in this photograph- it was glorious to be out in it. I spent the afternoon in the garden with Dylan getting the garden sorted for planting.






I planted lots of seeds ready to get growing. I am determined to grow as many of our own vegetables as I can this year, after all it was one of the many reasons for moving here!



Once they were all planted I watered them and put them into the little greenhouse I picked up in the sales last year. Watered them and zipped them up tight for the evening.



It's not easy to see in the picture as the sun was bright over the garden, but on the left along the fence I planted the raspberry canes I bought with us from the other house. Next to the garden fork I planted the little blueberry cane Stephanie asked me to buy the other day. I am really looking forward to enjoying these. Whilst I was busy doing all this Dylan did this;

 
It's a raised bed made from one of the free pallets I got the other week. I'm so impressed he has done a fantastic job.
 
It is perfect to place up on the grass to start the veggie growing. All for the cost of a few wood screws. I'm not sure how Dylan felt when he'd finished I declared it perfect and asked him to make me 5 more! LOL.
 
As soon as I have treated the wood I will be able to get planting into the bed.
 
 
The patio area after a quick tidy up. Those are two more pallets waiting to be turned into plant beds. I am really looking forward to being able to sit out here and enjoy the sunshine.
 
How are your plans coming along?



 

4 comments:

  1. Great start to the garden! I really really need to get mine up and running! You've inspired me to get started this week!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am hoping to get a little more done throughout this week after work. It should be easier now that the nights are lighter.
      It really is nice to be able to spend time outside without LOADS of layers

      Delete
  2. Great jobs, well done. It's been really sunny here but dreadfully cold - too cold to be out. DH has planted our tomato seeds and they are doing well on the window sill in the bathroom.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has taken a turn today. It's absolutely freezing- apparently wintery showers are dues. Hopefully, the seeds will be ok after all.

      Delete