Sunday 12 October 2014

Pick your own

Yesterday I went to the annual pick your own pumpkin place with my sister and her family. We had a fabulous time. I only bought a butternut squash this time so that I could make soup for my lunches this week. I will be going again next weekend when Stephanie is home to pick a Halloween pumpkin.


Butternut squash soup in the slow cooker.

Blended ready to go to lunchboxes
 
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
2 onions, peeled and chopped
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped,
3 chicken oxo cubes (can use vegetable)
1 dessert spoon of curry powder (more or less depending on your taste
 
bung everything in the slow cooker. cover with water. cook for 4-5 hours on low. once cooked either eat chunky, or blend for a smooth soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment