Friday 29 August 2014

Daioni flavoured organic milks

I was recently contacted on behalf of the Daioni organic milk company to offer us a chance to sample some of their individual portions of milk drinks.

Stephanie and Dylan eagerly awaited their arrival, consumption time was delayed due to our being holiday.

So what are Daioni organic milk drinks? Well from their information that I was sent;

With the announcement that milk time is due back in schools from next year, Daioni, the Welsh organic milk brand is encouraging parents to give their child a head start when they go back to school in September, by putting milk cartons in their lunch boxes.
These handy 200ml cartons of dairy goodness are low in fat, sugar and free from all artificial colouring and come in 3 delicious flavours, chocolate, strawberry and banana meaning kids (Children) are certain to love it!
Produced on the family farm in Pembrokeshire, Wales, each chilled glass is full of Welsh goodness. A tasty alternative to standard milk, the small cartons are the perfect size for children's lunch boxes and offer them a much needed daily calcium fix.
Daioni flavoured organic milk drinks are available in Chocolate, strawberry and banana on Ocado, independent delis and cafes nationwide with an RRP of 0.79p for 200ml.

These are the three drinks we were sent. I shared them out between the children and the cousin who was visiting whilst we were sampling. Each child had a different favourite! Although the all said they liked all three. I had a little taste, I preferred the strawberry and least liked the chocolate. That is in line with my usual preferences to be fair- I don't like chocolate flavoured products as  a rule but tried. I didn't tell the children when I gave them the first drink. I just poured them out into clear glasses. As these drinks don't contain artificial colourings the strawberry and banana looked incredibly similar in the glass. All 3 children tasted and correctly identified it as banana flavour. They were surprised as they thought I had handed them plain milk! Strawberry much the same. Chocolate had a chocolate colouring to it. So they passed the taste test with flying colours.

Would I use them in lunches? I am always dubious of putting milk products in the children's lunches as I worry about them getting warm sitting on the classroom side each day. Now you could put in an ice block or pack to help keep them cool ion the insulated lunch bags which we use. So I would try this. The biggest problem for me to purchase these is the limited stockists local to me. as listed on the information I was given with the samples the current list of complete stockists;

Ocado
Waitrose (Wales only)
Able and Cole
Tesco Extra (Wales only)
Spar convenience stores (Blakemore owned)
Wholesalers
Castell Howell (Wales)
Harlech (Wales
Costwold Fayre
Creed food service
Brakes- supply Debenhams cafe's nationwide
KFF (Kent Frozen Foods)
Infinity Foods
Suma wholefoods
Essential trading


As yet I don't have these local to me except the Spar. Our local one doesn't have any in stock yet. But I will keep looking out for them. I love that their are no artificial colours in the drinks, and as the children could tell the flavours without them I think that speaks for itself as how tasty the drinks are!

A BIG THUMBS up from us for these tasty milk drinks.


I was not paid for this review, I was provided with a sample of the products for us to try. As always with reviews the opinions expressed in this post are my own (and my children's).


No comments:

Post a Comment