Monday 5 May 2014

The joys of a sunny day

We had a lazy start to the day today.

I got up and went for a run first thing while the children were snoring still. Then I came back and started looking for cheap half term breaks. I whittled it down to a choice of 3 campsites in the area I would like to go. Then once the children were up we decided together. It's all booked now. I like to have something to look forward to :-)


Then we decided it was time to do something with the garden;


 
A bit of a chop and a sweep and it's all looking better and full of promise;
 
 
The raspberry bush has lots of flower buds appearing, fingers crossed we should have a plentiful supply this year.

 
I planted some salad leaves, some carrots, garlic, red cabbage and pumpkins in here.

 
The Strawberries are starting to flower

My recycled pots anging space is coming along nicely

 
Much better now that it is tidy.
 
My garden is very small just a few metres long and even less wide. I like to combine as much of growing our own spaces with family play space as possible. hence the lots of hanging containers and around the edge space. Hopefully we will get a plentiful supply for our needs this summer. Square foot gardening taken to the max here at the littlefamilyof3 house.
 
Do you have any tips for me on how I can maximise our tiny space? or indeed anyone who reads this with the same/similar issues
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment