Saturday 7 September 2013

Lymington and Brockenhurst

We went to Lymington during our recent trip to the New Forest, it is a lovely boating area. There are lots of fisherman and sailing activities which can happen here, including the Isle of Wight ferry crossings.
We spent the day watching the boats, on a boat trip and crabbing.
 
 
 
 
 
Some of the boats in the harbour, there were hundreds.

Whislt wating to board our boat for the trip we sat on the edge and watched the sea life in the water- those little flecks in the picture are the fish.

Then it was our turn to go- we sat at the front of the boat, am sure there is a boating term for this but it is unknown to me!


I can never get a picture of the teenager lately- he does this if he doesn't hide!

The Isle of Wight ferry coming straight for our little but- Puffing Billie.
 
After our boat trip we joined numerous other families and did some crabbing. We caught one little crab and there were 2 very large ones- which got away before we could hoist them out of the water!
I have misplaced the pictures of the crabbing- they may well be on Dylan's camera as my phone battery died that day.
On the way back to the campsite we discovered a little stream where lots of children were playing. So there was water safe to play in- yes regular readers guessed it- my water baby was straight in her costume and in the middle of it- I had left swimming stuff permanently in the car while we were off exploring as you never now what you will find!


And there ends another beautiful day in the New Forest. I think there is one more place I want to share, I am trying to spread them out so the posts aren't too long.
I need to go and get Stephanie ready for her swimming lesson now so the last one will have to wait for now.
 
Have a good day all!

5 comments:

  1. We must have been to Lymington as we did the ferry crossing to the Isle of Wight.

    What a lovely place for Stephanie to play-reminds me of my childhood. She'll have such lovely memories when she grows up thanks to her wonderful Mother.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are other ports that go over to Isle of Wight, this was closest to where we were staying. I looked up the ferry the other day, it's just under £30 for the 3 of us to go across for a day trip. I wonder when I can fit that in!

      Delete
  2. Lovely Family! everyone should aim to do something together as a family like this http://blog.gracewell.co.uk/communities-sway/

    ReplyDelete