Friday 16 August 2013

Knole country house

Yesterday was my last daytime to myself; Dylan was due home after dinner. So I decided to take the time to go to a country house. The children enjoy walking and playing in the grounds of these  places, but they don't like to stop for long enough for me to read and admire the fabrics and furnishings which I really enjoy when we visit. So I went alone so that I could enjoy these at my leisure.

I chose to go to the Knole Country house as it is a place we used to go as a family when I was young, we never went in the house but used to picnic in the grounds. We used to call it 'the deer park' as there are so many deer there. It also has the added bonus of being a National trust property so I was able to enjoy it for free as part of my membership. My membership saved me £14- £4 to park and £10 to walk around the house.

It is such an impressive house.

The deer ornaments.


Currently there is a lot of restoration being done to fix the roof.

There was lots of the decoration like those on top of the gate throughout the house.

Absolutely beautiful grounds surround the house.

you can see the difference in the seasons when you look back at our visit earlier in the year.
 
When I got home I spent some time pottering in the garden;
I have had to empty this patch of garden, I was growing peas here, but the neighbours cat has decided it makes a great litter tray and now nothing will grow. I have removed all the compost and will have a little rethink about how to use this space and deter the cat!

I then sat and did some knitting. I have managed to finish the school shrug for Stephanie, although now the weather seems to be turning decidedly autumnal so she may not get much use out of it!


 
 

1 comment: