Saturday 30 June 2012

Strawberry fields

I have always loved strawberries, I remember my first large cross stitch I made was of strawberries I was in year 4 of school so around 9 I think. As a teenager I worked the summer at a farm picking them.


A few years back my dad introduced me to pick your own strawberrying. I had been completely oblivious that you could do that until he took us. It has now became a bit of a tradition we always pick tonnews of them then come home and make jam with most of them.


Stephanie loves strawberries as much as I do.


We picked 4 punnets of strawberries we gave one to the children's nan as a present. These punnets weigh between 700 and 800 grammes each. After we picked our strawberries we went in the farm shop and bought the punnet of cherries you see above with the strawberries.


I used some of the apples from the allotment tree thinning in the week so this is strawberry and apple jam. These picture make the jam look a bit darker than it actually is.


I popped to Asda first thing this morning and bagged a lot of yellow sitcker bargains. I have been continuing with the use it up challenge I estimate that there was about 1 weeks worth of food left in the freezer, as I am paid monthly I decided to shop now as I now have enough food in there for the month. I bought salmon, beef, turkey, chicken thighs, chicken wings, chicken breasts and a lovely looking pork joint. As well as a treat that the eagle eyed of you will have noticed in the left of the picture- I love ondant fancies and these were reduced heavily so I treated us.

No comments:

Post a Comment