Thursday 19 April 2012

Cake

Party preparations are in full swing here I have made personalised aprons for all children who have replied so far, I need to make a couple of plain spares just in case those who have not answered come. I have had 11 confirmed attendees so far. Am feeling a little apprehensive as I did not expect this many to be coming so far only one child has declined, and the weather is supposed to be wet all day!

This wouldn't be so bad if the main activity was not painting a large cardboard castle which was planned as an outside activity. It looks as though there will be some furniture rearrangement occurring Saturday morning as that is something that can't really go out whatever the weather as a soggy castle will not be easy to paint.

Stephanie designed her cake, I made and assembled it. Tonight I iced it, here's a sneak preview as long as you promise not to tell the details to the birthday Princess.








2 comments:

  1. It looks so fabby!! You are such a lovely mummy, I can't believe all the work you have done.

    You put me to shame. My son was 8 at the beginning of April & I'm still trying to decide what I can bear to do for his party!

    I'm sure you're Princess is going to have a Ball, whatever the weather. Well DOne you.

    Arwedd xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arwedd, I really enjoy doing these kind of parties.

      I don't know about you but I find boy parties much harder. That's why Dylan got days out with a couple of friends from 6 years old instead of parties.

      I'm sure you son had a fantastic birthday :-)

      Delete