Sunday 3 April 2011

update




I have spent this afternoon with the children at the allotment, this picture is one I took the other day. Today we have been working on digging the end of this patch near the fence. I have almost finished it. It was made harder by the discovery of concrete slabs which were clearly used by a previous allotmenteer as an edging. The fork kept hitting something hard when I was digging. It took a while for me to locate and then even longer to remove the offending slabs. I removed a few of them but there are still lots more. I may use them myself but in different places on the allotment, if not I will offer them free to any other allotment holder who would like them, I need to think about this some more.

I seem to be very optimistic in my recent list making adventures, my lists seem to take days to complete. I have not quite finished Saturdays list and it is Sunday evening, This suggests to me I am trying to do too much. So I am going to make a smaller list for tomorrow and give time slots I want to try to stick to to complete each item. her goes;
  1. Once I have taken Stephanie to school I am going to go to the allotment and finish clearing the end of this patch.
  2. I am going to go potato shopping. I need to decide which potatoes I want to plant. Dusty on the allotment plot next to mine very kindly offered me a few the other day, but I suspect I will plant more as well. I need to get a huge bag of compost to mix into where I want to plant the potatoes.
  3. I am going to do at least an hour of uni work. I must get cracking on this assignment.
  4. I need to do the ironing. There are piles all over the house. I doubt I will get much else done.
  5. I promised Stephanie a trip to the library after school so that we can source more bedtime stories as we have read all the ones we got last time.
So there you have it another busy day, and the list is shorter- by 1 item! why can't I have more ours in a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment