Monday 21 February 2011

a catch up post

The past few days have been rather busy.
I have taken Dylan to London for the day, we saw the Thames Barriers, St Paul's Cathedral, we went to the Bank of England museum (but it was shut), we shopped on Oxford Street and High Street Kensington, then we had a Pizza hut before coming home. We had a fab day, Dylan chose everything we did on Saturday, it was a fab day and lovely to spend the time with just Dylan.

as we walked along one part of London we saw this little fellow, he was so friendly and came so close.

On the train I spent the journey sewing hexagons together for the quilt. The ticket inspector was very impressed and asked me loads of questions about how the quilt is made, before deciding I was a little bit mad as she would just buy a quilt rather than doing all the work I have been doing.
I sew for the children as I love the feeling that I am making these things myself. This is how far I have got so far;

Obviously I didn't sew all this on the train, I have been sewing almost every evening on this I am so determined to finish it before Stephanie's birthday. I have got lots of other projects I want to get started on, but am trying to hold off until this one is finished.

The last thing I have been doing is tracking down poetry books. I have been looking at poetry in uni; it is an area of teaching I am lacking in confidence in. I am not comfortable teaching it, as I don't feel I know enough about it. I have ordered from ebay some books I have seen in lectures. I am hoping by reading these books I will gain further understanding and confidence in poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment